Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Finished Mail Order Marian Martin #9234

I found this dress languishing in our coat closet. I started it right before we moved and all it needed was a buttonhole, button and ties. I'm not especially happy with the inside of the dress. I only zig zagged the seams and the hem was done shamefully fast. I hate hate hate the neck facing. If I made this again I would just line the bodice. There is no place to tack the tip of the facing to and it flops around a bit. I tried under stitching it but it didnt work well enough. I used a vintage button from my stash and the fabric is from my Mary Sue inheritance. I also had planned on making the ties yellow but since that fabric is packed somewhere I had to use some blue I had on hand. It's the same blue cotton from the Xmas dress and it matches well enough. I would like to try the pattern again but I would drop the neckline by at least 2 inches and lengthen the bodice by maybe 0.75 inches. I also made pockets for the dress but I have no idea where they went to. Packed most likely. In the end, it turned out to be a wearable little 1940s wrap dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment