Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Too 'Little House on the Prairie'?

The fabric is interesting. I initially thought I looked like Carol Ingalls but it turns out its kinda nice. I have to make the belt a couple inches longer. The waist size was for 26.5 inches and I'm 27 so I figured it would fit. Well, it's surprisingly a bit snug. I fear I would pull at the waist. It's much more of a utilitarian day dress than I usually make. The pattern cover looks like a garden party day dress but when it's seen up it looks much more house dress. It's probably just the fabric though. The construction was very interesting. I did indeed read the directions this time too. After you make the bodice and skirt you attach the belt to the skirt then the bodice to the belt. It's kind of odd but once you pin it it falls into place. Because of the gathers, I don't think it could have been done any other way. Anywho, here is a snippet without the buttons and a sleeves.

No comments:

Post a Comment