Oh Butterick, I do love you! When I make this dress again, I will use contrast piping around the midriff piece and shorten it to just above the knee (I still may shorten it too). Maybe I'll do a red polka dot version. I'll also take out my changes to the original pattern to make it bigger since clearly they were unwarranted. I also had to use bias tape to finish the neckline which while I don't hate it I also am not in love with it. It does break up the green a little bit though. The bodice has a tuck pleat in the CF and a tuck in the CB. The back tuck looks like a inverted 'action back'. In retrospect I really should have taken out about 1 inch from the midriff too. Ugh, This is the first pattern I have done in my own size that was so horribly off.
I think the only thing that makes me crazy is the sizing. It's nothing new to have a pattern just not fit right. Butterick is part of the Big 4 but seriously, the bust was huge. It was a 32 inch bust and I still took out an inch or two on each side. Then the neck line was so low I had to take the shoulders up by 3.5 inches!! Then because I don't have smurf arms I had to cut the arm holes lower which I have never done. All in all the dress turned out fab and no one else is the wiser. I do wish I had finished the inside seams but since I wasn't sure if the dress would be worth saving I just left them.
I'll put it on the dress form to get some better pics. The dress is just so much more lively in person, you can barley see the micro polka dots. I got compliments from people when I dropped the Little Dude off at school so it will go into my regular summertime rotation.