Thursday, September 1, 2011

Advance 6261 - sneak peak!!

I am LOVING this shirt! My goal this summer was to sew more separates and I had an epic failure with that attempt. But in retrospect I wish I had done it. This shirt went together pretty quickly. I had a couple of boo-boo's which I'll go over when I do my final review. I am certainly making another one of these shirts in white if not a couple more colors. The collar is awesome beyond words and the tucks are really flattering. What I'm most surprised about is the fit. The pattern was for a 30 inch bust and 25 inch waist. I was going to add 2 inches to each to bring it up to my measurements but it fits without any alteration. I have done a couple of the older Advance patterns and find them to fit a little large in the bust but I think that is really a modern bra issue not a poor pattern mistake. Otherwise the patterns are extremely accurate and the ease is perfect. I assembled the main shirt pieces with pins and did the old school try on test and it fit so I hoped for the best. I never make a muslin.... I like to live dangerously.

To match the shirt I am using the same men's shirting from the last dress I made. The fabric was wonderful and will suit the new top perfectly. I'll be sure to post a pattern picture when I start it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment