Tuesday, April 24, 2012

More cutting but not so much sewing

I am cutting another dress. Sigh, I should have cut the dress pattern I just got from Etsy (McCalls 5803) but instead I decided I wanted to use this thrifted seersucker to make a pajama set. The fabric ended up being much more cute than I remember so I cut it up in the fabulous 40s Simplicity 4640. I wanted to do the strip version as I haven't ever played with stripes before. I'm adding a different cuff too, more of a 50s winged cuff with a button and a collar in the same color. I'm so erratic with my sewing lately, I need to just finish something.

On a side note this past Friday it was in the high 80s and I got to wear cute strappy frocks all weekend. Then Monday hits and we get snow. Snow!! It's still snowing today too. Only in western NY.

No comments:

Post a Comment