Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Milwaukee Sentinel #9329

Yeah! That only took forever, all it needed was buttons. I used my 1948 Singer buttonholer (minty!) I got from a junk shop for $1. I didn't change anything to the pattern (except the hem) but if I make it again I would take a little bit out of the bodice, it feels a bit baggy under the pits. I love the pockets! All in all it's super de-super comfy.

I put the zipper in by hand bc I honestly think its faster and looks better than my zipper foot.

5 comments:

  1. Looks lovely! Pockets are always great =) To me the fit looks perfect, isn't this type of dress suppose to have a blousy feel to the bodice? But on the other hand one usually can feel when something is a bit too big/small =)
    The waist-detail in front is the cherry on the top for me, just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out beautifully! I love the color and those pockets are fantastic :) I can never avoid a good dress pattern with pockets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I initially had the pockets piped in white but it surprisingly looked weird so I ripped it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dress is great! You're very talented!

    ReplyDelete