Whew, it's totally done and I'm in love with it. If I make it again I need to widen the waist about an inch for a better button overlap. There was no waist measurement listed on the pattern so I just winged it and prayed for a fit. Pre-children this would have easily fit better but as it is I put the waist size down for a 25 inch waist woman with approximately 4 inches of room for the button packets etc. Now it's more like 2 inches for the buttons which technically fits but isn't the best. I could always get a waist nipper like a woman then would have worn but I'm not going down that tight and upright rabbit hole.
The fabric was a beast. It was very shreddy and slippery. One seam mistake and the holes are there forever. The totally botched the shoulder/collar area too. You have to make a slice then wiggle the fabric into place to make the back neck and shoulder seam. No matter how I tried it need up looking like a child sewed it. Luckily the collar covers it. I did French seams and just did a narrow hem on the bottom. I like the look of a deep hem but it's way more work and I'm pretty skrimpy when it comes to fabric usage. I wish it was warm already so I could go June Cleaver grocery shopping.